- Apple- provides a sweet fruit flavor to most meats,fowl, wild game but especially good for pork.
- Cherry- is used for all types of meat and like apple, it provides a mild, sweet, fruity flavor to foods.
- Beech- a lighter wood that provides a delicate, mild taste to most all foods.
- Hickory- is more common in the South. Hickory has a strong, smoky bacon flavor and can be used for all types of meats, excellent with pork.
- Maple- provides a mild, smoky, and slightly sweet taste to pork, fowl and wild game.
- Peach- is similar to Hickory but much milder and has sweeter flavor. Excellent for pork and fowl.
- Pecan- is very popular in the South. It provides a flavor similar to hickory, but not as strong. It is delicious with pork,fowl, beef and wild game. Try with salmon for a delicious change.
- Red Oak- bestows the most full-bodied taste and a deeper level of flavor. Excellent for all types of meats.
- White Oak- has a subtle magnificent flavor that allows the true taste of meats to come forth. It is ideal for beef, pork and wild game that requires an extended cooking time.
Regular Wood Planks